The Student News Site of Belen Jesuit Preparatory School

Vincam

Filed under Features

“You’re Amazing” Presentation Hits Home

The Campus Ministry office welcomed the “You’re Amazing” tour produced by Hard as Nails Ministries to our campus on January 30. The presentation to the High School was held in the morning and by nationally known speaker Justin Fatica.  Fatica spoke to the students and delivered a message of hope. He encouraged, challenged, and inspired our students and urged them to see just how amazing they are!

The Campus Ministry office welcomed the “You’re Amazing” tour produced by Hard as Nails Ministries to our campus on January 30. The presentation to the High School was held in the morning and by nationally known speaker Justin Fatica. Fatica spoke to the students and delivered a message of hope. He encouraged, challenged, and inspired our students and urged them to see just how amazing they are!

Belen Jesuit Archive

Belen Jesuit Archive

Rebound Week 2017 was one for the books. It began with a day revolving around one phrase and one God: You’re Amazing! This was the phrase that was blown up on the side of the enormous bus that arrived that day before the sun came up. It would be the phrase that would be exchanged between students and even faculty members for days to come.

“You’re Amazing” is the phrase that Justin Fatica and the Hard as Nails Ministries use to remind people from all around the world of the love of Jesus Christ. Justin Fatica is a motivational speaker who co-founded the Hard as Nails Ministries. He is also the author of three books and is featured in an HBO film called “Hard as Nails.”

Justin and the other missionaries gave their presentations during two separate assemblies for a middle school and high school respectively. What really captured the students’ attention was the passion and enthusiasm that Hard as Nails brought. Although the presentation began with fun and games, Justin quickly brought his message into focus when he said, “IT’S TIME TO GET REAL NOW. CAN YOU BE REAL?” He wanted students to put away their pride and judgment and share their struggles that affect them every day. Being honest with yourself, however, was just the beginning. Justin asked some of us to share the greatest struggle we have ever faced. He didn’t do this so that we could feel sorry for whoever was sharing their hardship, but he did this so that we could realize that there are so many of us going through the same things and that we need to be there for each other even in those challenging chapters of our lives.

Hard as Nails was not done with us yet. After we shared our burdens and uncovered the parts of some students’ lives that only a few knew existed, they turned it around and put the spotlight on the one who died for our sins. A banner was brought out to the middle of the gym that read as follows: “Jesus died so that we could be amazing.” Justin then called up a few students and later invited everyone to say a prayer (and have an open dialogue with God) in front of the banner. He urged them to not only give a hug to those that you are grateful for, but also to go up to the people that you have wronged and ask for forgiveness. This was such a powerful moment that it created this energy that would carry on throughout the week.

During the fourth block on that Monday, all peer ministers were invited to a ministry/evangelical workshop that was led by Hard as Nails. This workshop focused on continuing the message of “You’re Amazing” throughout the school year and in years to come. With that said, “You’re Amazing” is not just a one time event. Campus Ministry will be bringing back this message and utilizing the many tools that Hard as Nails has provided to help students in their spirituality.

• “You’re Amazing” Presentation Hits Home

Features

Project Unify Special Olympics Teams Go for Gold!

Community

Let’s Get Close Up

Features

A Political Adventure at our State Capitol

Features

Belen’s Model United Nations Thrives and Prospers

Features

Father Cartaya Recalls his Days as a Belen Student

Features

The Summer of Journalism and Revelations

Features

Are you Liking onCampus so far?

News

Protesters keep fighting government in Venezuela

Community

Student Council President Looks to the Year Ahead

Deacon O'Malley's Inspiring Thoughts

Jesus Needs You!

“You’re Amazing” Presentation Hits Home