Vincam

• March 2MIDDLE SCHOOL EDITION LAUNCHES! MIDDLE SCHOOL MULTI-MEDIA STUDENTS BECOME VINCAM EDITORS.

Filed under Opinion

Field Day 2018 was the Best Yet

Intramural Team Sports Made Field Day Memorable for Many

The “Mawavy Airlines” team athletes (Lou Consuegra, Gabriel Marrero, Carlos Perez-Abreu, and Alec Rodz) prepare for battle at Field Day’s flag football championship game.

Field Day has always been a fun experience at Belen Jesuit. The two years that I have participated in Field Day, my flag football team has won the championship. We have not even lost a game. This year was the most fun for many reasons. Last year, in our seventh grade year, we created a super team so we would be able to defeat the eighth grade teams. This year, we split that team into two, so we had an insanely competitive tournament.

We had spoken to the tournament manager ahead of time, so that he could put out two teams in separate brackets.  We did this so we could hopefully play each other in the championship game. Our team name was The Combos, and their team name was Mawavy Airlines. In our first game, we played extremely well, beating a team 42-0 named. I am the quarterback of the team, and I threw a few touchdowns, but our best player in that game was Michael Corral because he had caught four touchdown passes. In our second game, we played against a seventh grade team that we should have beat by at least 4 or 5 touchdowns. We had a terrible game, though, and we only won 21-14. In our third game, which was the semifinals, we played against another eighth grade team who didn’t even put up a fight. We beat them by a whopping score of 64-21. Mawavy Airlines had also won all three of their games, which meant we would face each other in the championship.

Everyone in the grade had said we didn’t have a chance against them, but we definitely proved them wrong. On our first drive of the game, I threw a touchdown to Michael Zaharas.  On only their third play of the drive, their quarterback threw an interception to one of our biggest players, Sal Stewart. I immediately threw a touchdown to Marco Fuentes, and in the blink of an eye we were up 14-0. Once again, Stewart got another interception, and we immediately capitalized on the turnover.  I threw a touchdown to Stewart in the back of the end zone. They decided to bench their quarterback and put in Lou Consuegra. After our third touchdown, we weren’t really trying our best, which resulted in them scoring. Again we drove down the field, and I hit Kevin Freyre in the front of the end zone for another touchdown. The game ended up being a blowout because we won 42-21. Field Day 2018 was the best field day of all time.

• Field Day 2018 was the Best Yet

Opinion

What Belen is to me

• Field Day 2018 was the Best Yet

Opinion

Should Fortnite Battle Royale Remain Free?

• Opinion

Good Times in Middle School and Football

• Field Day 2018 was the Best Yet

Opinion

Should Students Be Allowed To Use Their Phones During Lunch?

• Field Day 2018 was the Best Yet

Opinion

Coddling Students on College Campuses: A Frightening Trend

• Field Day 2018 was the Best Yet

Features

Belen Volunteers at Camillus House

• Field Day 2018 was the Best Yet

News

Popular Toy Store Goes Bankrupt, As Expected

• Field Day 2018 was the Best Yet

Student Life

Reflecting on my Middle School Years at Belen

• Field Day 2018 was the Best Yet

Opinion

What Belen is to me

• Field Day 2018 was the Best Yet

Opinion

The Student News Site of Belen Jesuit Preparatory School
Field Day 2018 was the Best Yet