Vincam

• March 2MIDDLE SCHOOL EDITION LAUNCHES! MIDDLE SCHOOL MULTI-MEDIA STUDENTS BECOME VINCAM EDITORS.

Trust the Process

NBA Player's Comeback Story

Back to Article
Back to Article

Trust the Process

Joel Embiid in the All Star game celebrating after the three-pointer that he had made.

Joel Embiid was drafted as the third pick in the 2014 NBA draft. After he was drafted, he got injured in training camp and tore his meniscus. This was not very good news for him, his family, and his team. This injury is probably one of the most lengthy injuries and hardest to recover from as well. So the injury led to a lot of rumors, that Embiid is a bust, a waste of a pick, and will never be good enough in the NBA when he came back from his injury.

To Embiid this was all motivation for his recovery and his career launch on the NBA. So Embiid underwent surgery. The surgery was successful, but the hard part of the recovery was therapy and rehab. This rehab took an entire two NBA seasons, which is extremely long. During this rehab, he was given even more hate, and critics said that he would be even worse because of how long his recovery was taking. His response to this hate were three words that became his famous quote: “Trust the Process.”

After this recovery, came his debut. He played that 2017 season for only about 31 games, which many NBA fans found weird, because we thought that he would be fully recovered after a two-year recovery period. Finally, the current 2018 season was upon him. He played extremely well in his first game, which was unexpected after his 31-game season, but people weren’t satisfied with him after one game, so he kept on playing better and better every game and now he is averaging 23 points per game and 11 rebounds per game. This outstanding play led to Joel Embiid competing in the Taco Bell Skills Challenge, the rising stars’ game with all the best rookies. He also quickly became a starter on Team Stephen in the All-Star game. So, this unexpected Joel Embiid surprised many people. I guess they should have really “trusted the process.”

• Trust the Process

Features

Belen Volunteers at Camillus House

• Trust the Process

Features

Cinderella Madness is Pure Madness

• Trust the Process

Features

Bluetooth Benefits can be Lifesaving

• Trust the Process

Features

Making the Most of March Madness

• Trust the Process

Features

The Roller Coaster of Middle School

• Trust the Process

Features

Students Impressed by “Run to the Fire” Presentation

• Trust the Process

Features

Looking Back At My Middle School Years

• Trust the Process

Features

Football Training in Full Gear for Upcoming Varsity and JV Season

• Trust the Process

Features

Lacrosse Middle School Team Prepares for the Upcoming Season

• Trust the Process

Deacon O'Malley's Inspiring Thoughts

Why we do Stations of the Cross

The Student News Site of Belen Jesuit Preparatory School
Trust the Process