Vincam

• March 2MIDDLE SCHOOL EDITION LAUNCHES! MIDDLE SCHOOL MULTI-MEDIA STUDENTS BECOME VINCAM EDITORS.

Filed under Features

Looking Back At My Middle School Years

Back to Article
Back to Article

Looking Back At My Middle School Years

Getting ready for one of my first football games as a Wolverine: my sixth grade football game at Palmer Trinity.

I was scared and worried, but at the same time I was thrilled to begin a new chapter of my life. I remember walking in from the main entrance and hearing all the distant conversations among the new sixth graders. I felt lonely because none of my friends from my previous school went to Belen. I had no friends, and many of the other students had friends from their old school come to Belen with them. Deacon Prieto gave us a speech on how much we were going to enjoy our seven years at Belen and how this place was more than a school: it was a brotherhood.

It has been three years since that day an haven’t looked back since. In the past years at Belen I have had so many memorable moments. In 6th grade we had the Lock-In. It was filled with games and activities and we capped it off by sleeping on the floor of the gym with all of our friends. In my opinion, the Lock-In was great place to connect with our classmates and learn more about them. Grandparents day was the highlight of my seventh grade year. It was thrilling to get out with my grandparents and bond with them because whenever I’m with them I usually just ask them too get me McDonald’s.

During Grandparent’s Day, I participated in activities with my grandparents such as bingo and dominoes. The one moment I wish to forget is when i was suspended. I was suspended for three days and now I’m unable to participate in the many adventures that 8th grade holds.  My favorite subject through my years at Belen would have to U.S. History. I was fascinated by how our nation was found in Jamestown and how we gained our independence in a war against Britain and how we ended fighting ourselves. I have always excelled in sports. P.E. was the class I always did well in. Whenever we would have to pick teams I was usually always the first or second pick because everyone believed I was athletic. I have been apart three different sports at Belen. The sport that I’m the best at and is my favorite sport would have to be football. My entire life I have always been a quarterback and I have always had fun playing it. I have also been apart of the Belen basketball team where my main job was to sit back and shoot threes. The third and final sport that I play is lacrosse. Usually when I play lacrosse my physical side from football takes over and I get penalized a lot. This year I lead my team in penalties. In lacrosse, I play mostly defense because my coaches like my aggressiveness and my will to want to hit people. As for the new sixth graders, you may think your joining a new school, but in reality you are becoming apart of a family that will care for you and love you. The Keats thing I have to say to new sixth graders is to to join a club or join a team; you need to get involved.

• Looking Back At My Middle School Years

Features

Belen Volunteers at Camillus House

Features

Cinderella Madness is Pure Madness

Features

Bluetooth Benefits can be Lifesaving

Features

Making the Most of March Madness

Features

The Roller Coaster of Middle School

Features

Students Impressed by “Run to the Fire” Presentation

Features

Trust the Process

Features

Football Training in Full Gear for Upcoming Varsity and JV Season

Features

Lacrosse Middle School Team Prepares for the Upcoming Season

Deacon O'Malley's Inspiring Thoughts

Why we do Stations of the Cross

The Student News Site of Belen Jesuit Preparatory School
Looking Back At My Middle School Years