Vincam

• March 2MIDDLE SCHOOL EDITION LAUNCHES! MIDDLE SCHOOL MULTI-MEDIA STUDENTS BECOME VINCAM EDITORS.

Filed under Features

The Roller Coaster of Middle School

Alfredo Diaz playing sixth grade football against Gulliver at home.

It was extremely hot outside, and time was winding down. I didn’t know know where to go or what to do. No, this was not a sports game. It was my first day at Belen Jesuit. I got lost several times on the campus, but I found my way. I soon found that the key to succeeding in middle school is to pay attention and to make as many friends as possible. You never know what group you will want to hang out with. I remember sixth grade as if it was yesterday.  Going to “España” in Mrs. Fariñas’s class, singing the Salve Regina with Mrs. Mackle, and doing endless homework for Mrs. Fernandez are some of the most memorable things.

Playing football was also very fun during lunch and after school. My favorite part of sixth grade was having all of this newfound freedom. This was something that my old school did not give us. At lunch, being able to go wherever we wanted seemed like an incredulous idea. I played games with cards like Squares, Go Fish, Tongues, and Spit. Just last year, I was so different. I still played football, hadn’t gotten into tennis yet, and I had a different group of friends. I have changed so much, and that has to do with my teachers and their tendencies. Last year, my teachers were very laid back and didn’t give much homework. Ms. Garganta is one of my favorite teachers ever, and I have many fun stories to tell about that seventh period English class. We had many laughs about funny topics, yet we learned a lot in the lessons. She made grammar, yes grammar, fun. Mr. Sanchez was also amazing. We had incredible deep discussions in his class, discussing morality and interesting current topics. At the same time, we used to review for assessments by playing fun games like Silentball. My favorite subjects were definitely Religion and English because of my incredible, fun loving, teachers.

As much as I loved my first two years at Belen, this year has been incredible. Ms. Delgado is hard and makes you work, but she is pretty funny and loves her job. Ms. Alonso has been my favorite teacher in all my time here. I cannot stress enough that if you’re in seventh grade and on the fence about Honors English in eighth grade, go for it. You won’t regret it. She is hilarious and can keep the class interested. She continuously makes jokes and puns that have everyone in her class calling her the G. T. O. A. T. (greatest teacher of all time). In conclusion, Belen is a great place: a place that I’ve come to call my second home. It makes me happy that I decided to take the test back in fifth grade. Special events have also always been incredible, such as the Lock-In, Field Day (twice), the eighth grade “onesie” basketball game, and even every single school day has been very fun. I am marveled that it’s almost been three years since I was in sixth grade. I have loved every day and hope that anyone reading this article is as passionate as I am about my school.

• The Roller Coaster of Middle School

Features

Belen Volunteers at Camillus House

• The Roller Coaster of Middle School

Features

Cinderella Madness is Pure Madness

• The Roller Coaster of Middle School

Features

Bluetooth Benefits can be Lifesaving

• The Roller Coaster of Middle School

Features

Making the Most of March Madness

• The Roller Coaster of Middle School

Features

Students Impressed by “Run to the Fire” Presentation

• The Roller Coaster of Middle School

Features

Looking Back At My Middle School Years

• The Roller Coaster of Middle School

Features

Trust the Process

• The Roller Coaster of Middle School

Features

Football Training in Full Gear for Upcoming Varsity and JV Season

• The Roller Coaster of Middle School

Features

Lacrosse Middle School Team Prepares for the Upcoming Season

• The Roller Coaster of Middle School

Deacon O'Malley's Inspiring Thoughts

Why we do Stations of the Cross

The Student News Site of Belen Jesuit Preparatory School
The Roller Coaster of Middle School