Vincam

• March 2MIDDLE SCHOOL EDITION LAUNCHES! MIDDLE SCHOOL MULTI-MEDIA STUDENTS BECOME VINCAM EDITORS.

Filed under Student Life

A Journey Through Middle School

Off to my first day of middle school in sixth grade.

The first day: it was orientation day for sixth graders and new students. I was very nervous and excited to start my Belen journey. We all gathered in the central patio where we had an assembly and a prayer. They gave out schedules for the year, and we met with our homeroom teachers to take a tour of the school. I had Mr. Rodriguez for homeroom and science in sixth grade, and he was the first teacher that showed me around Belen. At the end of orientation, they told us to get our schedules and try to find our classes, so we that we would know where to go. It was a great first experience at Belen.

Sixth grade was a very good learning experience. Once I adapted into Belen, I had an awesome year. My favorite subject in sixth grade was English because I have really enjoyed English since a very young age. The only thing I regret not doing in sixth grade were any clubs or sports. The best subject I completed academically was English because that has always been my best subject. My favorite parts of sixth grade were lunches because I had never been in a school that allows you the freedom to walk around during lunch time with your friends. Sixth grade was overall a great year with many awesome experiences.

Seventh grade was the best year for me academically in my middle school years at Belen. My best subject in seventh grade was math. Math has not been my best subject, so I was very proud of myself when the report card came out with math being my best grade. The first semester of seventh grade was fun. I ran cross country, which was an entire different experience for me. In the second semester, I played tennis, which I have played since second grade. Being on the tennis team was a very good thing because I decided that if all went well, I would play tennis for the rest of my life. My favorite part of seventh grade was the tennis season. The part I disliked the most about seventh grade was that we had to eat in a tent for the whole school year. Seventh grade was one of the best years of my life.

Eighth grade has been a fun year, but it has required great responsibility. Since it is the last year of middle school, we have to set an example for the younger students. I find it is very important to get good grades in eighth grade, so you can get a head start with honors classes in high school. I joined the National Junior Honor Society and it has been very cool to help the community and come up with ideas to help in any way I can. The sport I’ve been playing this year is tennis, and I have really enjoyed it as an eighth grader. If there is any advice I can give to new middle school students, it is to study hard, but don’t forget to have fun. My middle school journey has definitely been a great one that I will always remember.

• A Journey Through Middle School

Student Life

Reflecting on my Middle School Years at Belen

• A Journey Through Middle School

Student Life

Belen Builders Club Takes Miami, One Service Opportunity at a Time

• A Journey Through Middle School

Student Life

Field Day: One to Remember

• A Journey Through Middle School

Student Life

Tombola 2018 Rocked!!!!

• A Journey Through Middle School

Student Life

Taking Belen by Storm

• A Journey Through Middle School

Student Life

Esto Vir Youth Ministry Group Launches Successfully

• A Journey Through Middle School

Student Life

Senior Spirit at Annual Football Game

• A Journey Through Middle School

News

Big Moves Around Campus

• A Journey Through Middle School

Features

Belen Volunteers at Camillus House

• A Journey Through Middle School

News

Popular Toy Store Goes Bankrupt, As Expected

The Student News Site of Belen Jesuit Preparatory School
A Journey Through Middle School