Vincam

• March 2MIDDLE SCHOOL EDITION LAUNCHES! MIDDLE SCHOOL MULTI-MEDIA STUDENTS BECOME VINCAM EDITORS.

Filed under Student Life

Taking Belen by Storm

Back to Article
Back to Article

Taking Belen by Storm

Enjoying a pep rally with the boys.

Enjoying a pep rally with the boys.

Enjoying a pep rally with the boys.

Enjoying a pep rally with the boys.

My first day as a Belen student was an unforgettable experience. One thing that I won’t forget is the energy and enthusiasm I had to continue in footsteps my father, uncle, and grandfather had taken. On the first day, I met all my new classmates and soon-to-be brothers for the next seven years. I had an orientation that day, and I will never forget that I traveled and learned about the school with my homeroom teacher Mr. Scull. We had a great day full of activities and learning about the history of the school. The next day, it was time to get to work, and I worked on something in every class – even in band, my elective for the year. As my sixth grade year went on, we had many activities such as the Lock-In, which was a great opportunity to really bond and just have a good time. In sixth grade, I participated in one sport while I was playing for the golf team. I excelled in geography and computers and did not do too well in science, although I still got a “B” in the class. That has probably been my favorite year in my Belen career so far.

In seventh grade, I played on the golf team and also played on the baseball team. I excelled in U.S. history that year and also in English, and although I didn’t get an “A,” I still felt accomplished at the end of the year and that is what matters. In seventh grade, we participated in Grandparents’ Day, where we played dominoes and bingo. That day was really enjoyable since we just spent time with our grandparents and hung out. I also participated in the Builders Club and did community service hours as often as possible. In seventh grade, I wish I would’ve done different things such as participating in more community service opportunities, but aside from that, that I had a pretty good year.

At the beginning of the school year in eighth grade, I gave back to my community by serving as a presenter in the new student orientation. I led all the new students around the school, along with a senior and their homeroom teacher. Then I began to meet my teachers and the year took off. I have been having a great year in athletics and in academics. I was the team captain of the golf Team and I also played on the baseball middle school team . This year, I’m excelling in Spanish and Civics, and I had an “A” in the first semester in six of my eight classes. We still have many activities to come, and I am looking forward to them as I transition into my high school years.

At Belen, it is not easy to excel at playing two sports and doing well in school at the same time because of daily practices and loads of school work. Although it is not the easiest school, there are many attributes that make it great, such as the variety of sports available, and the freedom each and every student is given. Belen Jesuit is a great place, and I am proud to call myself a Belen Wolverine.

• Taking Belen by Storm

Student Life

Reflecting on my Middle School Years at Belen

• Taking Belen by Storm

Student Life

A Journey Through Middle School

• Taking Belen by Storm

Student Life

Belen Builders Club Takes Miami, One Service Opportunity at a Time

• Taking Belen by Storm

Student Life

Field Day: One to Remember

• Taking Belen by Storm

Student Life

Tombola 2018 Rocked!!!!

• Taking Belen by Storm

Student Life

Esto Vir Youth Ministry Group Launches Successfully

• Taking Belen by Storm

Student Life

Senior Spirit at Annual Football Game

• Taking Belen by Storm

News

Big Moves Around Campus

• Taking Belen by Storm

Features

Belen Volunteers at Camillus House

• Taking Belen by Storm

News

Popular Toy Store Goes Bankrupt, As Expected

The Student News Site of Belen Jesuit Preparatory School
Taking Belen by Storm