Vincam

• March 2MIDDLE SCHOOL EDITION LAUNCHES! MIDDLE SCHOOL MULTI-MEDIA STUDENTS BECOME VINCAM EDITORS.

Filed under Student Life

Reflecting on my Middle School Years at Belen

Me, on the far left, preparing for an upcoming lacrosse game in eighth grade.

Full of ups and downs, my middle school experience has been quite a journey. It all started on the first day of sixth grade, when I met the classmates that I would be spending the rest of my years until college with. I was the only person from my previous school to come to Belen, but luckily, my fellow Belen sixth graders were very welcoming. I had a feeling that my time at Belen would be a blast.

From the Lock-In, to Tómbola, to Field Day, my middle school years have been packed with fun events. As a sixth grader, I was able to strengthen my bonds with my new friends during the Lock-In. Although I was exhausted the next day, I will never forget some of the memories that were created that night. During that same sixth grade year, I was introduced to some other unique Belen traditions. I went to my first Tombola where I went on fun rides, ate great food, and  unfortunately, served a shift during the Super Bowl (note to self: sign up for a shift early before good spots run out). Two more exciting Tómbolas followed in the next two years.

One highlight of middle school for me has definitely been playing lacrosse. Participating in lacrosse provided me with new friendships and a new skill. I started playing lacrosse in the beginning of sixth grade, and with hard work, I made the gold team that year. Although I didn’t play much that year, I became a much better player. I played on the gold team again in seventh grade, and as an eighth grader, I’m currently on my final year as a member of the team. I have evolved a lot as a lacrosse player, going from a reserve player in sixth grade, to usually playing the entire game this year. I look forward to playing for the varsity lacrosse team in high school.

In addition to playing lacrosse, I have taken part in many other clubs and sports at Belen. I would highly advise doing the same because it creates friendships with others who are members of that club or sport. As for clubs, I have been a member of student council in seventh and eighth grade, as a Vice President of my homeroom in seventh, and the president in eighth. I became a member of the National Junior Honor Society in the beginning of eighth grade, which has given me the opportunity to take part in many works of charity. In sixth grade, I played on the sixth grade football team.

What are some pieces of advice would I give to an incoming or current middle schooler? First off, create good study habits. Find what works best for you and keep doing it. What works well for you may not be the same for another. One more tip I’d give to a middle schooler would be to keep calm. Don’t over-pressure yourself. Although your grades in middle school matter, they don’t matter enough to get too mad at yourself about. If you get a rough grade on a test, remember that you can redeem yourself by doing well on the next one.

• Reflecting on my Middle School Years at Belen

Student Life

A Journey Through Middle School

Student Life

Belen Builders Club Takes Miami, One Service Opportunity at a Time

Student Life

Field Day: One to Remember

Student Life

Tombola 2018 Rocked!!!!

Student Life

Taking Belen by Storm

Student Life

Esto Vir Youth Ministry Group Launches Successfully

Student Life

Senior Spirit at Annual Football Game

News

Big Moves Around Campus

News

Popular Toy Store Goes Bankrupt, As Expected

Opinion

What Belen is to me

The Student News Site of Belen Jesuit Preparatory School