Vincam

• March 2MIDDLE SCHOOL EDITION LAUNCHES! MIDDLE SCHOOL MULTI-MEDIA STUDENTS BECOME VINCAM EDITORS.

Filed under Features

Making the Most of March Madness

Printable+March+Madness+brackets+are+available+for+free+download+on+the+Internet.+
Printable March Madness brackets are available for free download on the Internet.

Have you ever heard of March Madness or the ESPN tournament challenge? March Madness is the college basketball NCAA national tournament. Teams are organized into four regions which are West, Midwest, South and East. The tournament consists of only Division 1 college basketball teams, and they are all given a seed from 1-16 based on their record. There are 16 teams in every region. The first seed plays the 16th seed, the second plays the 15th, and the list continues on to the eighth and ninth seeds playing each other.

ESPN, a popular sports station, hosts a tournament challenge where anyone can try to make the perfect bracket of the tournament. The bracket starts with the original 64 teams, then down by half to 32, then the sweet sixteen, elite eight, final four, and then the much-anticipated finals. The bracket then tells you to
elect your winner of the tournament, and you also get to predict the final score. If you get a bracket that is 100% correct, you get 1 million dollars every year for the rest of your life. ESPN provides an app, ESPN TC, which lets you control your bracket. The tournament schedule is released around March 12, and the brackets officially lock on March 15 so that no changes can be made.

Every year, there are always major upsets in brackets, meaning the lower-seeded teams sometimes beat the higher-seeded ones. All these upsets cause madness for the fans of the losing teams and for the people whose brackets are incorrect. Since this all happens in March, it has become known as March Madness. Students all over the nation are calling March Madness impossible to predict and win.

“The bracket is ‘absolutely unpredictable,'” said junior Sebastian López-Ibañez when asked to describe the bracket in two words. Millions of people make an entry for a chance to win millions of dollars throughout their lives, and all leave empty-handed. But will you?

• Making the Most of March Madness

Features

Belen Volunteers at Camillus House

• Making the Most of March Madness

Features

Cinderella Madness is Pure Madness

• Making the Most of March Madness

Features

Bluetooth Benefits can be Lifesaving

• Making the Most of March Madness

Features

The Roller Coaster of Middle School

• Making the Most of March Madness

Features

Students Impressed by “Run to the Fire” Presentation

• Making the Most of March Madness

Features

Looking Back At My Middle School Years

• Making the Most of March Madness

Features

Trust the Process

• Making the Most of March Madness

Features

Football Training in Full Gear for Upcoming Varsity and JV Season

• Making the Most of March Madness

Features

Lacrosse Middle School Team Prepares for the Upcoming Season

• Making the Most of March Madness

Deacon O'Malley's Inspiring Thoughts

Why we do Stations of the Cross

The Student News Site of Belen Jesuit Preparatory School
Making the Most of March Madness