The Student News Site of Belen Jesuit Preparatory School

Vincam

Filed under News, Student Life

Big Moves Around Campus

New Locations for Campus Ministry & Dean of Men Offices

Although it may seem as though construction has taken over the campus, there are several projects that have already been completed. These projects were finalized over the summer months and have already been enjoyed by many students, faculty members, and parents. The new school year brought us a new home for Campus Ministry, the Campus Store, and the Dean of Men.

Campus Ministry

When discussing the new Campus Ministry office, the question that often arises is: “Where was the old Campus Ministry office?” For those who found themselves asking this question, here is your answer. The previous location is an office space that is situated across from the Science Pavilion staircase where service hour reports would be turned in.

The new location is right in the heart of the school. It is in-between the D-Section and the Central Patio, where Mrs. Diana Fernandez’s math classroom was last year. This new space not only ushers in a new Campus Ministry team, but it also introduces a whole new era for Campus Ministry. With faculty and staff members Robert Artiz, Javier Vasquez, and Zilkia Jimenez leading the effort, a new feel and an energizing environment is almost guaranteed.

“I like being in the Campus Ministry office because I really get to be myself in there. I get to hang out with my friends and do my homework during lunch time,” said seventh grader Zachary Callejas.

Stepping foot into the new space is something incredible. As Christian music plays in the background, you enter into a space that is complete with couches, a television and two giant “Prayer Requests” boards. These chalk boards are open for any one who wants to jot down something they want to pray for. In addition to the “Prayer Requests” boards, the office is decorated from ceiling to floor with inspirational quotes, Bible verses, posters, and knick-knacks that contribute to the inviting environment.

Campus Store

In order to make space for the new cafeteria, the Campus Store needed to be relocated as well. The Campus Store (also previously known as the Wolverine Den) was located next to the old cafeteria entrance closest to the faculty lounge.

Currently, the Campus Store is located at the main entrance, just inside the school gates. It is much larger and has a lot more room for merchandise to be displayed. Everything, from t-shirts to duffel bags, is conveniently organized on the walls of the store. As opposed to before, the new location has the look and feel of an actual store. Its ideal place at the front of the school allows for easier access, especially for parents and visitors. The two glass entrances on either side provide not only a cleaner look, but also a view into what the store has to offer.

Also launching this year is the first-ever mobile campus store. The blue and gold trailer will specifically be selling fan gear to support our Wolverines. This Mobile Campus Store will be open at all home games and will be traveling to some away games.

Dean of Men

As you may already know, the departments of student activities and discipline are now combined under one roof, the Dean of Men’s office. The newly named office is located in the heart of the school right next to the new Campus Ministry location.

The new location has three office spaces, along with a waiting area that is right next to the front desk. It also has an inviting and more modern look to it, which seems to be a common theme amongst the redesigned areas. The Dean of Men’s office, led by Mr. Thomas De Quesada, benefits from its new space especially because of how close it is to the students.

“I think that the new location is much better than anything we had before. It’s definitely more accessible for students,” says junior Javier Saumell.

With that said, it is safe to say that the Dean of Men’s office has a fresh look and a prime location to kick off the new academic year.

• Big Moves Around Campus

News

Protesters keep fighting government in Venezuela

• Big Moves Around Campus

Community

Student Council President Looks to the Year Ahead

• Big Moves Around Campus

News

North Korea-U.S. Tensions Rise

• Big Moves Around Campus

News

And That’s a Wrap!

• Big Moves Around Campus

News

Welcome to belenvincam.com!

• Big Moves Around Campus

News

Congressional Debate at Belen Last Semester: Historic and Inspiring

• Big Moves Around Campus

News

Ignatian Walls Inspire and Amaze

• Big Moves Around Campus

News

• Big Moves Around Campus

Community

• Big Moves Around Campus

Deacon O'Malley's Inspiring Thoughts

Jesus Needs You!

Big Moves Around Campus