Vincam

• March 2MIDDLE SCHOOL EDITION LAUNCHES! MIDDLE SCHOOL MULTI-MEDIA STUDENTS BECOME VINCAM EDITORS.

Filed under Student Life

Senior Spirit at Annual Football Game

Don hunsinger

Don hunsinger

The Belen vs. Columbus football game has been a tradition for 12 years. Although our school has never beaten Columbus, the senior student section is always one of the best parts, even for spectators who might laugh at them. This year’s theme was “black out.” The seniors wore all black clothing, which included bandanas, face paint, and even capes.

One activity the seniors wanted to turn into a tradition was a tailgate for their class alone. The class raised over five hundred dollars to buy all the necessary materials to make the tailgate as enjoyable as possible. Over fifty pounds of meat was purchased, along with condiments and chips. The senior tailgate was not scheduled to start until three o’clock, but multiple seniors  arrived around two o’clock to setup the grills, tables, tents, speakers, and even a TV to stream the UF football game. There were also outdoor games like Spikeball and Bean Bag Tossing. The expert grillers were seniors Eddie Briscoe, Andres Poveda, Andres Perez, Federico Tamborell, and Steven Calles.

The game was set to begin at seven-thirty, so around seven o’clock, the seniors picked up everything and headed into the stand. With twenty three minutes to spare before the game started, the chants were already raining. The energy was incredible, and one of best parts was the baby powder. Students went out and bought baby powder to throw in the air during chants or celebrations. At certain points, the cloud of powder covered most everyone in the stands, which made for epic pictures. It was like the seniors were one overwhelming body that everyone in the stadium was watching. The other side had most of the girls, but the seniors didn’t care. They weren’t there for them, they were there for their team.

The seniors supported their team even after the Wolverines’ loss and the next Monday during school. That is what makes them all brothers. There’s no doubt that the Belen vs. Columbus football game, along with the senior tailgate will continue to be an ongoing tradition for years to come.

• Senior Spirit at Annual Football Game

Student Life

Reflecting on my Middle School Years at Belen

• Senior Spirit at Annual Football Game

Student Life

A Journey Through Middle School

• Senior Spirit at Annual Football Game

Student Life

Belen Builders Club Takes Miami, One Service Opportunity at a Time

• Senior Spirit at Annual Football Game

Student Life

Field Day: One to Remember

• Senior Spirit at Annual Football Game

Student Life

Tombola 2018 Rocked!!!!

• Senior Spirit at Annual Football Game

Student Life

Taking Belen by Storm

• Senior Spirit at Annual Football Game

Student Life

Esto Vir Youth Ministry Group Launches Successfully

• Senior Spirit at Annual Football Game

News

Big Moves Around Campus

• Senior Spirit at Annual Football Game

Features

Belen Volunteers at Camillus House

• Senior Spirit at Annual Football Game

News

Popular Toy Store Goes Bankrupt, As Expected

The Student News Site of Belen Jesuit Preparatory School
Senior Spirit at Annual Football Game